About the Role
Torrey Partners is seeking candidates for multiple positions to work with our Commercial Litigation Group, primarily assisting with intellectual property matters including damages related to patent, copyright, and trademark infringement, as well as trade secret misappropriation. The firm is currently considering both full- and part-time positions.
• Senior Consultant
• Managing Consultant / Manager
• Senior Managing Consultant
The detailed responsibilities of these positions vary; however, all candidates will work closely with senior staff members and experts and require strong analytical skills, clear written and oral communication, excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and collaboratively, and attention to detail. Our assignments can be fast-paced, and deadline driven, requiring quick thinking and dedication to producing excellent work product.
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to):
• Perform lost profits, reasonable royalty and other analysis related to intellectual property and other commercial damages.
• Perform detailed fact-finding, research, and analysis.
• Review and synthesize data from produced materials including depositions and company documents.
• Develop financial models through the use of Excel, Access, and other analytical software.
• Prepare reports, written analysis, communications, and presentations based upon findings; and
• Create graphical representations of analysis including use of PowerPoint or similar software.
• Wiling to travel occasionally for client engagements and work extended hours as deadlines require.
• Manage lower-level staff and ensure proper staffing of engagements, depending on position.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in intellectual property matters within the litigation context, including patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret disputes. Additionally, candidates should have the following:
o A bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, or related fields with a strong academic record
o Exceptional analytical and critical-thinking abilities
o Substantial experience and comfort with advanced Excel modeling
o Effective oral and written communication skills
o Organization, accuracy, and attention to detail
o Excellent interpersonal skills
o Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and Self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, and dependability
Candidates should include a professional writing sample, if available.
About the Company
Torrey Partners is a San Diego based expert witness firm providing economic, consulting, forensic accounting, and valuation services at a national level. Our team is comprised of dedicated, well rounded, and highly skilled professionals working in a collaborative environment to solve complex financial and economic issues within the litigation environment.
Our team provides testimony and damage quantification on matters in federal and state courts, as well as mediations, arbitrations, and settlement negotiations. We also provide financial, accounting and valuation analysis and support to businesses and individuals outside of the litigation context.
Torrey Partners offers a competitive salary, bonus compensation, paid time off, and a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. We also offer Employee Assistance Programs, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k) with profit share.
Please submit your resume and professional writing samples.